Thursday, September 16, 2010

Between You and Me

Between You and Me

I sit stranded under the night sky,
Watching as the stars go by,
Wishing I had a few to my name,
With dreams and desires, it’s always the same;
But inept as I am, I only sigh ,
I sit indolent, and move not, nay not I.
You come somehow and sit by me,
And ask ,as you always do , “What do you see?”
“Those desires elusive, far out of my reach”,
You say with a smile, “Look , I don’t preach,
No dream is unattainable, no sky too high,
You have the genius, and I believe in you, your goal is well-nigh.”
These words light my world and mean the most to me,
I briskly brush aside my qualms and stand in repartee,
But as I look around for you, I see that you have gone,
Well, that has been your usual self ,encourage and move on!

No comments: