Thursday, September 16, 2010

My first poem

This is one I had written in school, class XI perhaps...I still like reading it

When She Speaks …
I am the dew kissed flower of the Autumn morning
I rustle in the gentle breeze of the golden summers
I sing in the ripple of that faraway spring
I am one with the fragrance of the rain wetted earth
I surround you in all forms and I am all around you
but you have denied me and failed my existence
Mother:
I have fed you with the milk of human kindness
I have sheltered you in my motherly embrace
I have laughed with you in your joys and cried in your sorrows
I have been with you through thick and thin
Never letting you down for a moment so grim
But still you have denied me and failed my existence
Sister:
I have played with you since we're kith and kin
Quarreling, fighting and then making up with a grin!
I have protected you against all odds
resolving your apprehensions melting your doubts and comforting you
But still you have denied me and failed my existence
Wife:
I took vows and I made promises, promises I have stuck to,
Catering to your needs and those of the family
Never putting up an opposal
Lending you a shoulder to cry on
And ending your perturbations
But you have still denied me and failed my existence

For how long, how long do I whimper in pain
At the oppression your clan has inflicted on me
For how long should I wait in disdain
for the dawn that will perhaps never break;
A dawn that will bring upon the earth the bliss of equality
A dawn that will renew your long lost concern

For I am the Woman, the token of purity
Of affection, sacrifice, love and persistence
Oh! don't deny me, don't fail my existence.

No comments: